Boost Workout Performance with Dietary Nitrate – what foods are in India? – Dietary nitrate are mainly found in green leafy vegetables and basic vegetables, such as spinach and beets, and have become popular due to potential cardiovascular health benefits.
The magazine further reported that inorganic nitrate is found in a wide range of foods, particularly in leafy vegetables and beetroot converted to nitric oxide post-consumption, in terms of metabolic and vascular (blood vessels-related) control.
Dietary nitrate supplements help increase the concentration of plasma nitrite, which in turn lowers blood pressure. Nitrate supplementation can also develop resistance and execution during physical workouts. Several studies suggest that nitrates can improve physical performance, especially during high-intensity endurance exercise.
The primary reason behind the effectiveness of nitrates as performance enhancers is that they are natural inorganic components of plant foods. Studies indicate that nitrates make nitric oxide a functional molecule and regulate the functions of many skeletal muscles, including blood circulation, force production, glucose homeostasis, and mitochondrial respiration.
Foods in India with Dietary Nitrates
1. Spinach: Spinach is another vegetable that is available in different geographical regions of India in terms of nitrate accumulation with varying levels.
2. Garlic: Studies show that garlic can activate nitric oxide synthase, ie NOS. One particular study noted that garlic was able to significantly lower systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
3. Pomegranate: Health experts recommend the inclusion of pomegranate in the diet list for adequate levels of excessive nitric oxide production.
4. Honey: Do you know that honey can significantly increase nitric oxide production in humans. Studies claim that high enzymes or high nitrate content can cause this spike.
5. Watermelon: Watermelon contains a lot of amino acid L-Citrulline, which is a natural compound and effectively increases nitric oxide.
If you follow a daily workout routine or are often involved in various sports activities, the intake of the above-mentioned foods can increase your physical performance due to high levels of nitrate content.